To assure proper and timely delivery of products to the customers who order products from WAXIE.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of delivery areas with strong ability to read maps and follow directions
- Knowledge of merchandise and customer inventory
- Assist with loading/unloading of merchandise
- Daily truck inspection of oil, fuel, tires, coolant, safety equipment, lights, cleanliness of cab, and truck fuel log. Truck to be washed once per week and swept out daily. "Go again's" to be pulled to rear of truck daily
- Hazard placard cards displayed when necessary
- Hazard listing properly completed
- Demonstrate courtesy to customer
- COD's delivered properly; do not charge unless authorized by the Credit Manager
- Machine pickups are to be made on the day designated. Claim receipt goes to customer
- Insure accuracy when making deliveries; a signature is required and must be legible
- Return all tickets to Accounting daily
- Assist warehouse personnel in pulling merchandise for the following day
- Be neat, presentable and courteous at all times
- Route tickets for following-day deliveries prior to clocking out for the day
- Wear uniforms provided by the Company. Be presentable
- Safety Shoes are to be worn at all times
- Must have Hazardous Material Endorsement
- Observe all traffic and common-sense laws
- Immediately report any accident to Warehouse Manager or immediate supervisor
- Inform Warehouse Manager immediately of any vehicle malfunction while driving
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements:
- Previous delivery driver experience (class A w/endorsements preferred)
- Ability to navigate directions and read maps
- Ability to pass drug screen/background check
- Clean driving record (MVR)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to independently lift up to 50 lbs
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
WAXIE offers a competitive pay and benefits package, which includes 401(k), medical/dental, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick days, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, bonus, awards and recognition programs.
WAXIE is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace.
Send resume with salary requirements to:
WAXIE Sanitary Supply
Attn: Val Bass
9353 Waxie Way
San Diego, CA 92123
Fax: (858) 279-6311
OR you may e-mail your response or resume to our Human Resources Department. All resumes should be submitted in Microsoft Word format.