A Warehouse Worker/Driver assures proper and timely delivery of customer orders and is responsible for the proper receiving and stocking of new merchandise.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of delivery areas and merchandise.
- Insure all items received are in accordance with packing slip and P.O.
- Daily truck inspection of oil, fuel, tires, coolant, safety equipment, lights, cleanliness of cab, and truck fuel log. Truck to be washed once per week and swept out daily. "Go again's" to be pulled to rear of truck daily. Make sure to fill out truck report (DMVR) completely, and turn into supervisor each day. Take returns off truck each day, and assist Warehouse personnel in putting them back into stock.
- COD's delivered properly; do not charge unless authorized by the Credit Manager.
- Machine pickups are to be made on the day designated. Claim receipt goes to customer.
- Insure accuracy when making deliveries; a signature is required and must be legible.
- Warehouse merchandise in accordance with palletizing procedures, etc.
- Checkoffs for each item are a must; each ticket has a driver, loader and picker checkoff.
- ARC's should be picked up on receipt of the ticket. They are to be initialed and checked by the warehouse; merchandise must be in salable condition or noted otherwise--indicate on carton where picked up.
- Return all tickets to Accounting daily in a neat and orderly manner to match your Daily Route sheet for that day.
- Assist warehouse personnel in pulling merchandise for the following day.
- Route tickets for following-day deliveries prior to clocking out for the day.
- Maintain Class “A” or "B" license and a good driving record.
- Maintain current medical certificate.
- Observe all traffic and common-sense laws.
- For special order items, insure they are in salable condition. Match packing slip, merchandise, and quantity. Fill out receiving P.O.
- Mark merchandise with packing slip number and customer name and place in special area.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Class A or B License.
- Hazardous materials and Airbrake endorsements.
- Good driving record.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Computer Skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Previous commercial driving experience
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Previous warehouse experience in loading and unloading
WAXIE offers a competitive pay and benefits package, which includes 401(k), medical/dental, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick days, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, bonus, awards and recognition programs.
WAXIE is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace.
Send resume with salary requirements to:
WAXIE Sanitary Supply
Attn: Daryen Ann Johnson
49 37th Street NW
Auburn, WA 98001
Phone: (253) 735-3300
OR you may e-mail your response or resume to our Human Resources Department. All resumes should be submitted in Microsoft Word format.