Corporate Account Representative
Responsible for implementation of defined Corporate Accounts programs at field level.
Planning, Organizing, and Administration:
- Create a call cycle plan for meeting the needs of existing Corporate Accounts field level customers. This plan must be flexible in order to accommodate future growth
- Create call plans to implement new program rollouts as necessary, as directed by Corporate Accounts Manager
- Be able to access Corporate Accounts information such as Program Pricing Models and Contracts
- Effectively use company-sponsored tools for time and territory management
- Respond to reports and other communication requested by management
Sustaining Resource to Existing Accounts:
- Establish business posture and call type as appropriate for specific Corporate Account Distribution Agreement; if no agreement exists, then as directed by Corporate Accounts Manager
- Assist field level customers in understanding the parameters of their specific Corporate Accounts Distribution Agreement; when no agreement exists, seek appropriate service level at the direction of the Corporate Accounts Manager
- Assist field level customers at implementing order entry procedures as specified by their Corporate Account Distribution Agreement; if no agreement exists, then as directed by Corporate Accounts Manager
- Implement processes to add items to Program Pricing Models and Contracts when allowed under the Corporate Account Distribution Agreement
- Communicate the needs of field level customers through WAXIE chain of command as appropriate
- Understand and assist in maintaining Compliance for Corporate Accounts, including products, reporting, procedures, rebates, etc.
- Expand business within these existing accounts within the parameters of the Corporate Account Distribution Agreement; if no agreement exists, then as directed by Corporate Accounts Manager
New Business Development:
- Implement new Corporate Account sales programs as directed within area of assigned responsibility
- Pursue additional locations for existing programs
- Maintain awareness of possible Corporate Account leads and forward to Corporate Accounts Manager
- Become knowledgeable in industry applications and procedures and WAXIE’s products and systems
- Become an effective trainer or training resource to customers
- Develop effective written and verbal communication skills
- Develop strong interpersonal, selling, and presentation skills
- Become knowledgeable in the structure of the Corporate Accounts Department
- Become knowledgeable in the unique processes and challenges of Corporate Accounts
- OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
WAXIE offers a competitive pay and benefits package, which includes 401(k), medical/dental, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick days, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, bonus, awards and recognition programs.
WAXIE is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace.
Send resume with salary requirements to:
WAXIE Sanitary Supply
Attn: Sharon Cesario
920 N. Nash Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
Fax: (310) 606-5522
OR you may e-mail your response or resume to our Human Resources Department. All resumes should be submitted in Microsoft Word format.